All the illustrations and descriptive matter in the handbook are intended to give a general idea of the caravan. Changing market and supply situations and our policy of continuous product development may prevent us from maintaining the exact specifications detailed in the handbook. We therefore reserve the right to alter specifications as materials and conditions demand.
Dealers are not agents of Swift Group Limited ("Swift") and have absolutely no authority to bind the manufacturer by any express or implied undertaking or representation.
Your caravan has three warranties:
For all parts or fittings of your caravan other than the body shell, Swift will repair (or at it's option, replace) any defective parts or fittings for 3 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase) subject to conditions, terms and exclusions below.
Body Shell Warranty
For the body shell, Swift will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the body shell for 6 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase), subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below.
1. You must ensure that your caravan has had an Annual Service (see clause 2 below) within 90 days before or 60 days after each anniversary of the original date of purchase.
In order to preserve your SuperSure Warranty, the third Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 36 month period from the original date of purchase. In order to preserve your Body Shell Warranty, the sixth Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 72 month period from the original date of purchase.
In order to preserve your Extended Body Shell Warranty, the tenth Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 120 month period from the original date of purchase.
If you have not performed an Annual Service then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under the applicable warranty. Original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that Annual Services have been carried out.
2. The Annual Service must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in this handbook. You will be responsible for any charges made for an Annual Service. If the Annual Service is performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre then Swift warrants that the Annual Service has been performed correctly.
If the Annual Service is performed by an unauthorised repairer or service centre then if the Annual Service has not been performed in accordance with the requirements in this handbook and/or work has been performed on your caravan that is defective or faulty, then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under this Warranty (insofar as it relates to defective or faulty work or defective Annual Service).
3. All new caravans must be registered with Swift within 6 weeks of purchase as new.
4. The benefit of the SuperSure Warranty and Body Shell Warranty may be transferred to a new owner if the caravan is re-sold, provided that the caravan has been serviced in accordance with the requirements of this handbook, and details of the change of ownership have been supplied to Swift using the change of ownership form set out in this handbook as soon as reasonably practicable after the change.
5. The benefit of the Extended Body Shell Warranty is non transferable to new owners and applies only to the original registered owner.
6. If any repairs are identified as being necessary during an Annual Service or otherwise, Swift will only pay for Warranty work performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre.
The caravan must be made available to an authorised Swift Group Service Centre within 6 weeks of the date the repair need was identified for the work to be carried out.
The cost of transporting, towing or moving the caravan by any means to or from the place of repair is the responsibility of the owner.
7. The SuperSure Warranty, the Body Shell Warranty and/or the Extended Body Shell warranty only apply to caravans purchased and used primarily within the UK.
8. The Body Shell Warranty and Extended Body Shell Warranty cover any defect with the panels and seams of the caravan. This includes body leaks, delamination of panels or floor, water ingress through any permanently sealed seam joints.
9. The SuperSure Warranty will cover in the first 12 months any defect other than those specified in the Exclusions below.
10. In years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty, the Warranty will only cover any defect with the following components:
In years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty, any defect specified in the Exclusions will not be covered.
11. Swift shall not be liable under this Warranty for any defect related to or arising from the following:
12. In addition to the exclusions above, in years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty Period, Swift Group Limited shall not be liable under this Warranty for any defects related to:
Swift shall also not be liable under the SuperSure, Body Shell and Extended Body Shell Warranties if the Caravan has been neglected, misused, modified or use for hire or reward or if the identification marks (chassis/VIN numbers) have been removed or defaced. The caravan will be deemed to have been neglected if it has not been serviced and maintained as stated in this handbook or any repairs being identified as necessary at an Annual Service or by a Swift Group Service Centre have not been carried out in a reasonable time.
You have legal rights under UK law governing the sale of consumer goods. These warranties do not affect your legal rights.
The name and address of the warranty provider is:
Swift Group Limited, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX
To make a claim under this warranty, contact the dealer or park operator which supplied your Home. If this is not possible then contact the Swift Group Customer Care Department on 01482 875740, or enquire on the website www.swiftgroup.co.uk.